Oral Cancer Screening
Do you know if you have Oral Cancer?
Now you can know, with the new VELscope available at Loza Dental Great Falls. “Our office uses an innovative hand held device that is revolutionizing dentistry.” – Dr. Juan Loza.
This advanced device is called the VELscope (as you might have seen on hit TV show The Doctors). The VELscope shines a safe blue light into the patient’s mouth. This harmless light shines into the tissue and penetrates to the level of the basal cells. This blue spectrum light utilizes a specialized filtering technology to help thoroughly evaluate the oral tissue for abnormal areas of concern; such as potentially cancerous lesions that may not be visible under white light. The VELscope Exam is painless, fast and effective.
- 100 new people in the United States will be newly diagnosed with an oral cancer every day.
- 70% of the time oral cancer is not visible until it has reached an advanced stage.
- 1 person every hour of everyday will die from oral cancer.
- Studies at Johns Hopkins University suggest a strong link between the Human Papilloma Virus and Oral Cancer.
- The death rate from Oral Cancer is twice that of cervical cancer.
- The death rate from Oral Cancer has stayed the same for over 40 years.
- As with all forms of cancer the earlier it is detected the better the patient’s chances are of surviving.
The VELscope system is recognized by The World Health Organization (WHO) as one of the eight health products that address global health concerns. Loza Dental Great Falls is dedicated to excellence and expertise in Family Dentistry and committed to saving lives through effective early oral cancer detection.
Please call our office at 703-759-3011 and ask for the VELscope Exam.
- Mouth Guards: Protects teeth from potential sports injuries
- TMD- Jaw Joint Problems: Bite Splint Therapy and Bite Adjustment
- Night Guards: Prevents patients from grinding away precious enamel from their teeth
- Sleep Apnea / Snore Guards: Custom designed to keep a patients airway open and reduce snoring.