Lasers have revolutionized dentistry, often replacing the noisy sounds of a dental handpiece with the quiet efficiency of state-of-the-art technology. The truth is, lasers have been in use in many medical disciplines for many years. Now, lasers have been adopted in dentistry as well. They provide many important benefits both to patients and to dentists.
These are just a few of the reasons why laser dentistry has become increasingly more popular. Lasers provide:
- Ease of treatment, requiring minimal downtime and less healing time
- Increased comfort, reducing dental anxiety
- Reduced bleeding and less risk of infection
- Quick results, working far faster than handpieces or surgical tools
- Conservation of tissue, with precise, minimal removal of soft or hard tissue
- Beautiful results, with much more exact treatment than handpieces or surgical tools
At Loza Dental Health & Wellness Great Falls, lasers are used extensively for many procedures, including:
- Treating dental decay; laser light has dramatically enhanced your dentist’s ability to diagnose tiny areas of tooth decay. Once the decay is identified, lasers can remove the decayed areas, without removing healthy tooth structure. That means a smaller filling for you.
- Identifying areas of oral cancer; just like tooth decay, laser light can easily illuminate suspicious soft tissue areas, helping to diagnose abnormalities, precancerous, or cancerous tissue. Early diagnosis can mean a better outcome for you.
- Treating periodontal disease; lasers can kill bacteria that cause gum and periodontal disease. They can also remove infected tissue more precisely with less bleeding, which means a shorter healing time for you.
- Gum tissue recontouring; lasers provide precise cutting ability, which can make recontouring gum tissue an easier procedure with better, more aesthetic results for you.
You and your smile deserve the latest and greatest dental technology available, and that's dental lasers!
To learn more about how laser dentistry can benefit you and your smile,
call Loza Dental Health & Wellness Great Falls at (703) 759-3011 today!